Enjoy peace of mind with Expiry-Alert: set and forget reminders
Keep your EpiPen in action
Quick View Videos
How to Administer an EpiPen
How to Administer an AnaPen
Receive Vital Anaphylaxis EpiPen or Anapen Reminders with
Expiry-Alert – The App
Expiry-Alert is an app created to provide essential reminders to keep your anaphylaxis EpiPen up-to-date to effectively administer immediate treatment for potentially life-threatening allergic reactions. No need to keep track of expiry dates. Expiry-Alert does this for you! Simply download the app and subscribe to enjoy the benefits of:
EpiPen / Anapen Reminders | You’ll receive timely reminders to replace your Pen before it expires.
Resource Hub | Our Resource Hub offers a supportive and informative centre to guide you and your family through anaphylaxis management.
Creating an anaphylaxis action plan?
Expiry-Alert can help!
What Is Anaphylaxis & Does It Affect Me?
“Anaphylaxis is the most severe form of allergic reaction and is potentially life threatening. It must be treated as a medical emergency, requiring immediate treatment and urgent medical attention.”
Anaphylaxis is a severe allergic reaction that can occur in the body from 20 minutes to 2 hours after the person has been exposed to a trigger. Anaphylactic shock is extremely serious and can very quickly become life threatening. According to Health Direct, common symptoms can include:
- Difficulty / loud breathing
- Swelling of the tongue
- Swelling / tightness in the throat
- Difficulty talking and / or hoarse voice
- Persistent dizziness an / or fainting
- Pale and limp (in young children)
Anaphylaxis may also become evident through less severe symptoms, such as:
- Swelling of the face, lips and / or eyes
- Hives or welts
- Abdominal pain and vomiting (these are signs of anaphylaxis for insect allergy)
If you, your child, or friends / family members have been diagnosed with anaphylaxis, recognising the symptoms and knowing how to treat anaphylactic shock is an essential skill that could save lives.
Need to learn more about anaphylaxis?
How To Treat Anaphylaxis | EpiPens & Anapens Save Lives
Emergency Anaphylaxis Treatment With EpiPens / Anapens
In the case of severe anaphylactic shock, a fast and effective response is absolutely vital. It can mean the difference between life and death.
- What | An EpiPen or Anapen is an auto injector device containing adrenaline, used for the immediate treatment of anaphylaxis and provides essential relief whilst allowing sufficient time to seek urgent medical assistance.
- How | It can be easily self-administered and any person diagnosed with a severe allergic reaction to a particular substance is advised to have an EpiPen or Anapen within easy access at all times.
- Where | Anaphylaxis could occur at any time, in any place. It is crucial to have a number of EpiPens, Anapens or other auto adrenaline devices available in various locations, such as at home, school, work, in your car or personal bag.
EpiPens, Anapens and Adrenaline Autoinjectors Don’t Last Forever!
EpiPens and Anapens have an expiry date, as do all medications and other brands of adrenaline autoinjectors! This means that they must be replaced regularly to ensure that you have the most potent and effective treatment on hand in the case of anaphylaxis. In this life of busy schedules and time commitments, Expiry-Alert is an essential app to provide you with timely and vital reminders to keep your autoinjector updated.